CANCER STORY: Success & Hard Truth

Vegetable-State Terminal Cancer

Brought Back to Life with Herbs


Poh is a 54-year old female. She had a 14 cm tumour in her distal sigmoid colon. She underwent surgery. The cancer was staged as Duke’s C. About two weeks after surgery, Poh underwent twenty-five times of radiation treatment and at the same time took the oral chemo-drug, Xeloda. Within a week after being on Xeloda, Poh became uncomfortable, her heart beat rapidly and she had difficulty breathing. The doctor stopped her Xeloda and replaced it with UFT. Before Poh could even finish a course of UFT, her legs started to weaken and her entire person lost strength. She could not walk and had to be confined to the wheelchair.

MRI of her brain did not show any evidence of metastasis. There were, however, disc bulges at C5/C6, L3/L4, L4/L5 and L5/S1. This was diagnosed as lumbar spondylosis.

Poh’s husband and son came to seek our help on 4 November 2005. Tears welled up in his eyes as he related his wife’s story. He said: “After the surgery, my wife was alright. She was normal – could walk around perfectly, could eat and do the normal chores in the house. It was only after she started radiotherapy and took the oral chemo-drugs that her condition deteriorated. This happened within about two months after the surgery. Everybody I asked told me to do all these.”

Poh was indeed in bad shape. She was put on morphine and had to lie in bed unable to move by herself. If she gets up, she will feel breathless. At one time, she had to be admitted into the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for twelve days. The family spent about RM 50,000 for her treatment. With anger and frustration her husband said: “I spent money is okay, but how could she end up like this?”

Poh was then a living vegetable.

After one week on the herbs, Poh was able to wake up from her bed and walked ten steps with the help of her husband! Her daughter said she was thrilled when she was able to stand up. Her case was not be hopeless after all.

On 3 February 2006, i.e., three months on the herbs, Poh was able to walk into our centre! As of this writing (a year after being on herbs) Poh is doing fine. She leads a normal, pain-free life.