NH (H-176) is a 82-year-old lady. Sometime in April 2009, she had coughs with white phlegm. She was given cough mixture to take. The problem was not resolved. On 19 October 2009 she went to a private hospital for further management. A CT scan indicated:
- A lesion measuring 1.5 x 2.7 cm at the apical segment of the right lower lobe of her lung.
- A solitary enlarged lymph node in the middle mediastinum measuring 1 x 1.3 cm.
- Minimal bilateral pleural effusion.
- Three low-attenuation lesions in the spleen.
NH was given a week of antibiotics. This was not effective. Subsequently the family was told that she had lung cancer. Due to her old age, neither the doctor nor the family were interested in any follow-up treatment. NH and her family came to seek our help on 23 October 2009. She presented with:
- Being unable to sleep at times.
- Bowel movements were difficult – 3 days once.
- She coughed once a while.
- She lacked strength.
NH was prescribed Capsule A, Lung 1 and 2, and Constipation teas. After a week on the herbs, her son reported that his mother’s condition had improved. Her coughs were reduced, she was more energetic and there was no more constipation.
We never get to see NH after that although we noted that her son did come to our centre regularly to collect herbs for her. On 20 January 2012 – i.e. 2 years and 3 months later – NH came to our centre with her son.